Monday, May 20, 2013

My first windows phone 8 app - SG News Cloud services Part 2

I've managed to garner good feedbacks and input from many helpful people and i'm preparing for a version 2.1 release, i'm still tinkering with the nitty gritty, but you can have a preview over here

A lot of brain cracking went into making all these happen. My first challenge was to work with the XAML mark up.


  1. Somehow my sampledatamodel couldn't display everything during design-time, so i had to debug, tweak, debug, tweak over and over again. 
  2. Fonts installation was quirky as well, but luckily i've managed to get the custom fonts working by using Expression Blend. 
  3. But i've used a converter, but visual studio kept prompting an error: Invalid XAML, after lots of frustration, i found someone saying that it's due to the space that i've put in my project name. No big deal for now, since visual studio designer wasn't helping me much, luckily it works on the devices & emulators
Comment below if you would like to know more about my app

No comments:

Post a Comment